How to Brush and Floss with Braces
- Step 1: Start with the outside of the teeth, with the brush at a straight angle. Use circular, vibrating motions.
- Step 2: Clean the area between the gums and braces by angling the brush down (up for lower-jaw). keep moving in a small circular motion.
- Step 3: Clean the rest of the outside of the teeth by angling the brush up (down for the lower jaw).
- Step 4: Carefully brush the chewing surface of both the upper and lower jaw.
- Step 5: Finish by brushing the inside of the teeth.
- Step 1: Floss at least once a day. The floss needs to be pulled under the archwire. A floss threader facilitates this. Start by pulling floss through the threader.
- Step 2: Push the end of the floss threader under the archwire and pull the floss through.
- Step 3: Pull the floss up between the teeth and gently move it up and down the side of both teeth. remember to move it up all the way under the gums.
- Step 4: Pull the floss out and use a different section of it for the next tooth.