Braces, wires, bands and retainers can all trap food particles and make it difficult to brush or floss away plaque. Careful brushing and flossing, preferably after every meal and snack, is the bet way to prevent plaque build-up, tooth decay and gum disease.
- Step 1 Start with the outside of the teeth, with the brush at a straight angle. Use circular, vibrating motions.
- Step 2 Clean the area between the gums and braces by angling the brush down (up for lower-jaw). keep moving in a small circular motion.
- Step 3 Clean the rest of the outside of the teeth by angling the brush up (down for the lower jaw).
- Step 4 Carefully brush the chewing surface of both the upper and lower jaw.
- Step 5 Finish by brushing the inside of the teeth.
- Step 1“ Floss at least once a day. The floss needs to be pulled under the archwire. A floss threader facilitates this. Start by pulling floss through the threader.
- Step 2 Push the end of the floss threader under the archwire and pull the floss through.
- Step 3 Pull the floss up between the teeth and gently move it up and down the side of both teeth. remember to move it up all the way under the gums.
- Step 4 Pull the floss out and use a different section of it for the next tooth.
McIntosh Orthodontics takes a conservative approach and assures that we only do what's best for you as our patient. Our team and dedication to on-going education is our commitment to you and your family. Call Us Today for a Free Consultation at (407) 644-8786