Your First Visit
Your First Visit With Dr. McIntosh
We are always excited to meet new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options.
This important 45-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. These records include digital radiographs and photographs, which are necessary to develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
What to bring to your first appointment
To help us prepare for your initial exam, please download, fill out, and email or print the forms below. Also, please bring:
- Any applicable information on your Insurance Inquiry form to aid in estimations of your costs
- Any information that your dentist has given you
What To Expect
During your initial exam, our staff will address the following questions:
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- What is the cost and payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about orthodontic treatment during your initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
At the end of your first visit, we will schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements in more detail. We encourage our patients to ask any additional questions they may have during their first visit. We like our patients to leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.